Hanoi To Halong Bay: 6 Best Ways For Travel 2022
Hanoi – Halong Bay is one of the most well-liked travel journeys of international tourists in their Vietnam trips. Thanks to the drastic development of the transportation system over recent years, passengers’ transfer between two locations has been greatly facilitated with a wide selection of vehicles. This article will provide a detailed insight into the 6 best ways to travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay for your reference.
IN A NUTSHELL
- The distance between Hanoi and Halong Bay is 155 kilometers (96 miles).
- The average travel time from Hanoi to Halong Bay is a reasonable 2,5-3 hours (via Hanoi-Hai Phong-Halong Expressway).
- The fastest and most popular ways to transfer between Hanoi and Halong Bay are luxury shuttle bus and private car.
- The most expensive way to travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay is by seaplane (about US$ 350 – 450/one-way/person).
- The cheapest way to get Halong Bay from Hanoi is by train (US$ 5/one-way/person).
Hanoi to Halong Bay distance and travel time
The distance between Hanoi Center and Halong City is about 155 km, which usually takes approximately 2.5 hours of transport through Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway. In case you choose Highway No.18 via Bac Ninh Province as the main route, the travel time is 3.5-4 hours.
If tourists make a booking for Halong Bay cruise excursion, you are advised to know exactly the departure place of your cruise for suitable preparation. The two most popular options favored by cruise lines include Halong International Cruise Port and Tuan Chau International Port.
Hanoi to Halong International Cruise Port
Halong International Cruise Port (also known as Sun Group Port) came into official operation on April 28, 2019, featuring state-of-the-art facilities well-equipped to welcome visitors conveniently. Located in the center of the Bai Chay tourist area, next to Sun World Halong Complex – an amusement and recreation destination, this is the favorite port of several Halong Bay cruises such as Ambassador, Starlight, Athena Luxury, and so on.
Route 1: Hanoi to Halong International Cruise Port through Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway
- Distance: 155 kilometers
- Travel time: 2-2.5 hours
From Hanoi Old Quarter area, visitors need to cross Chuong Duong or Vinh Tuy Bridge and head towards AEON Mall Long Bien. Then travel along Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway to arrive at Halong International Cruise Port.
Route 2: Hanoi to Halong International Cruise Port through Highway No.18
- Distance: 150 kilometers
- Travel time: 3-3.5 hours
From Hanoi Old Quarter area, visitors can cross Chuong Duong or Vinh Tuy Bridge, pass by AEON Mall Long Bien, then enter Hanoi – Bac Giang Expressway and follow Noi Bai – Halong Expressway to reach Halong International Cruise Port.
Hanoi to Tuan Chau International Port
Tuan Chau International Port – the largest port in Halong, situated in the Northwest of the Bay, 8 km Southwest of Halong City. It is on the edge of Tuan Chau Island, connected to the mainland by a long bridge. Halong Bay cruises departing from this pier include Paradise, Bhaya, Apricot Premium, Emeraude, Hera, and so on.
Route 1: Hanoi to Tuan Chau International Port through Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway
- Distance: 150 kilometers
- Travel time: 2-2.5 hours
From Hanoi Old Quater area, tourists cross Chuong Duong or Vinh Tuy Bridge, then travel along Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway to arrive at Tuan Chau International Port.
Route 2: Hanoi to Tuan Chau International Port through Highway No.18
- Distance: 145 kilometers
- Travel time: 3-3.5 hours
From Hanoi Old Quarter area, tourists make the way to Long Bien District, then enter Highway No.5, and travel along with Hai Duong City to Highway No.18. Then, you will reach Yen Tho, Dong Trieu Town in Quang Ninh Province, from which it is convenient to reach Tuan Chau International Port.
How to travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay
In order to attract a larger number of both domestic and international tourists to Halong Bay as well as enhance people’s travel experience in the world-famous UNESCO Heritage, remarkable investments in the transportation system have been made, resulting in various methods for travelling between Hanoi and Halong, among which the most popular ones are luxury shuttle car, coach, private car, train, motorbike, and seaplane.
Below is a detailed comparison regarding price, duration, advantages, and disadvantages of the 6 best means of transportation for your consideration of the most suitable option.
Hanoi to Halong Bay Luxury Shuttle Bus
If you are looking for a comfortable and high-quality service, a luxury shuttle bus from Hanoi to Halong Bay is a great recommendation. Not only shuttle bus operators but also a number of Halong Bay cruise lines provide this convenient transport.
- Duration: 2.5 hours to get from Hanoi Old Quarter to Halong City via Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway
- Cost: US$ 15-20/one-way/person; US$ 30-40/round-trip/person
- Deluxe conveniences: Luxury shuttle buses include high-end facilities with good services (air-conditioners, massaging chairs, free WiFi, mineral water, wet tissues, mobile phone charging ports, and an LCD screen). Moreover, several luxury shuttle bus operators provide customer support in English.
- Time-saving: All luxury shuttle buses from Hanoi to Halong Bay transfer through Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway, which takes you about 2.5 hours.
- Direct pick-up and drop-off: Most luxury shuttle buses pick up and drop off passengers directly at their locations (houses, hotels, etc.). This can help you save an extra amount for a taxi transfer.
- Not too noisy: Due to a limited number of passengers, the space is relatively quiet, allowing you to relax while the vehicle transfers
- Flexible schedule: Several luxury shuttle bus operators provide hourly departure schedules, while others provide 5-6 departure options every day. You can make a booking at your suitable time.
- High price: Hanoi to Halong Bay luxury shuttle buses usually cost you approximately US$ 25-40/round-trip/person, which is a relatively high expense. However, the benefits you get are worth that price.
- Best for: couples, families, business travellers, or those who prefer a convenient and time-saving transfer
Luxury shuttle bus schedule
- Shuttle bus operated by transport companies: Hanoi to Halong Bay luxury shuttle buses frequently departs every hour during the day, from 5:00 or 6:00 a.m to 8:00 or 9:00 p.m, depending on each operator’s schedule.
- Shuttle bus operated by cruise companies or travel agents: There is only one schedule; shuttle buses usually pick up passengers at 8:00 – 9:00 a.m around the Hanoi Old Quarter and drop off passengers at 11:00 – 11:30 a.m at your hotel or cruise port in Halong.
How to book
Book a shuttle bus separately
Tourists can choose a Hanoi to Halong Bay shuttle bus operated by a transport company. There are a number of shuttle bus operators providing various transfer options. Three popular ways to book a shuttle bus include:
- Making an online booking on websites such as 12Go or Baolau. These digital platforms provide a selection of shuttle bus lines with detailed information on routes, schedules, prices, etc. in English.
- Contacting the hotline of shuttle bus companies. Some operators that support English communication are Kumho Viet Thanh (1900088835) and Phuc Xuyen (19006799).
- Buying a ticket at the coach station (if you choose to travel by a public shuttle bus)
Book a shuttle bus together with a cruise
A number of Halong Bay cruise companies offer shuttle bus transfer service that is included in their tour packages. Luxury shuttle buses pick up travellers at their hotel in the Hanoi Old Quarter area and drop them off at cruise ports in Halong. Tourists should check this complimentary service with your cruise operator to make a booking.
Ambassador Cruise operates a fleet of luxury round-trip shuttle buses between Hanoi and Halong Bay, featuring 9-seat Limousine cars equipped with free WiFi, USB chargers, air-conditioners, and complimentary bottles of water. Tourists are suggested to book Ambassador’s all-in-one packages including shuttle service for the best travel experience.
Our shuttle transfers leave Hanoi at 8:45 am in Hanoi Old Quarter and will pick you up, though guests staying outside of the area can head to the central pick-up location at 23 Phan Dinh Phung, Ba Dinh District. The returning shuttle transfers leave Halong Bay at 12:00 and drop guests at their hotels back in Hanoi Old Quarter or at the central drop-off point at 23 Phan Dinh Phung, Ba Dinh District.
Hanoi to Halong Bay Coach
A 40-45-seat coach (or public bus) is one of the most popular ways to transfer from Hanoi to Halong Bay. There are a variety of coach operators for your choice depending on your location. Departure points of coaches include My Dinh Coach Station (Nam Tu Liem District), Gia Lam Coach Station (Long Bien District), and Giap Bat Coach Station (Hoang Mai District). A majority of coaches arrive at Bai Chay Terminal, while some drop off passengers at Tuan Chau pier or Halong City Center. In addition, coaches are also the preferred means of transportation by a number of travel agents that operate Halong Bay tours due to large groups of tourists.
- Duration: Approximately 3.5-4 hours to travel from Hanoi to Halong City via Highway No.18
- Cost: Around US$ 6-8/one-way/person
- Economical: The ticket price of public shuttle buses ranges from US$ 6 to US$ 8/one-way/person, which is quite reasonable.
- Basic conveniences: Most of the public shuttle buses are equipped with air-conditioners, free WiFi, mineral water, and wet tissues. Several vehicles include an LCD screen for entertainment (music, films).
- Flexible schedule: Generally public buses depart from Hanoi or from Halong every hour daily.
- More time-consuming due to unavailable Expressway route: All Hanoi to Halong Bay public buses transfer through Highway No.18, which takes about 3.5-4 hours.
- Extra transport fees: Coaches do not pick up and drop off passengers directly at their locations; therefore, tourists have to arrive at coach stations or cruise ports by themselves. It will cost you an amount for a taxi transfer.
- Crowded and noisy: Due to the large number of passengers in a public shuttle bus, sometimes you may find yourself uncomfortable with noise from surrounding people.
- Best for: budget-conscious travellers
Hanoi to Halong Bay coach price 2023
- Public shuttle bus (coach): US$ 6-8/one-way/person; US$ 12-16/round-trip/person
- Standard shuttle bus:
- 16-seat minivan: US$ 10-12/one-way/person; US$ 20-25/round-trip/person
- 29-seat bus: US$ 8-10/one-way/person; US$ 15-20/round-trip/person
- 45-seat bus: US$ 8-10/one-way/person; US$ 15-20/round-trip/person
How to book
Tourists can easily book a coach ticket on 12Go or Baolau. These online platforms provide a selection of operators with detailed information on routes, schedules, prices, etc. in English. Other ways you can try are buying a ticket at the coach station or contacting the hotline of coach companies to make a direct booking. Here are some options that support English communication:
- Kumho Viet Thanh: 1900088835
- Phuc Xuyen: 19006799
Hanoi to Halong Bay Private Car
In case tourists prefer complete privacy and time flexibility, renting a private car from Hanoi to Halong Bay is regarded as the most suitable. This means of transportation is also an ideal choice for families or groups of 4-7 people.
- Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours to transfer from Hanoi Old Quarter and Halong City via Hanoi – Hai Phong – Halong Expressway
- Cost: Around US$ 100-200/round trip/car, depending on the type of car (4, 7, or 16-seat), length of excursion (1, 2, or 3-day), or your pick-up and drop-off locations.
- Time efficient: This is the biggest advantage of travelling by private car. It will take passengers about 2.5 hours to reach Halong Bay from Hanoi, through the new Expressway without stops. Compared to a shuttle bus which may move around the city center to pick up passengers, private car transfers directly from your location to your destination in Halong.
- Convenient and private: Hanoi to Halong Bay private car provides door-to-door service by picking up and dropping off tourists at their locations. All you need to do is book your favorite vehicle and enjoy your travel. The private car also ensures the highest level of privacy and comfort (in comparison with other means of transport). You will not be annoyed by crowds and noise from surrounding people. Besides, inconveniences because of strangers can be avoided and you can have a break anytime you want on the way.
- Family-friendly: Thanks to its utmost privacy and time efficiency, a private car is the best choice for families of 3-10 people, especially those with kids or the elderly.
- Economical (for medium groups): In case you travel in a group of at least three people, renting a private car may cost you lower expenses than booking individual seats on a shuttle bus.
- High expense (for individuals or small groups)
- Unnecessary charges
- Best for: couples, families, business travellers, or those who prefer a private and flexible transfer
Types of Hanoi to Halong Bay private car
There is a variety of options for private cars from Hanoi to Halong Bay, depending on tourists’ budgets, group sizes, vehicle quality, and so on. In terms of the number of car seats, this means of transportation can be categorized into three main kinds.
4-seat private car
This choice is ideal for a couple or families with one or two children (maximum of 4 passengers with luggage). Several popular 4-seat cars for Hanoi to Halong transfer include Toyota Vios, Toyota Altis, and Honda Civic.
7-seat private car
The 7-seat car is ideal for families with two kids or two couples (maximum of 6 passengers with luggage). Popular 7-seat private cars between Hanoi and Halong usually feature Toyota Innova or Toyota Fortuner.
16-seat private minivan
It is a suitable choice for a group of friends, or families (from 4 to 10 people) to travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay. Toyota Hiace, Ford Transit, Hyundai Solati, and Mercedes Printer are among the most popular private minivan brands.
Fares of Hanoi to Halong Bay private car
|Types of private car||One-way trip||Day trip||2-day trip||3-day trip|
|4-seat private car||US$ 85||US$ 115||US$ 135||US$ 180|
|7-seat private car||US$ 95||US$ 120||US$ 145||US$ 195|
|16-seat private minivan||US$ 110||US$ 150||US$ 180||US$ 240|
Hanoi to Halong Bay private car providers
A number of cruise companies provide complementary transfer services when tourists make a cruise booking. You can opt for a luxury shuttle bus or a private car depending on your preferences. Vehicles from cruise companies are modern and good-quality with professional services; assistance in English is also available, offering you a convenient travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
Tourism agents work with a variety of transport suppliers and have special contracts with them, which enables good car rental. Travel agents also have English-speaking consultants who will support your transfer from the picking up to the drop-off; they follow your trip to make sure your safety until you successfully arrive at your destination. Therefore, they are the first choices for tourists to book a private car from Hanoi to Halong Bay.
There is a wide range of transport companies in Hanoi providing private car services to Halong. They have high-quality vehicles with reasonable prices; however, they speak little English. Foreign tourists may find the booking process or communication with drivers difficult due to a language barrier.
Tourists can also take a taxi from Hanoi to Halong Bay for a private transfer. There is a variety of taxi brands in Hanoi for your choice; and the booking process is also easy. However, taxi prices may be higher than other means of transfer, and drivers can speak little English.
Taxi companies usually provide small-sized cars featuring 4 or 7 seats only. Several highly recommended options include Mai Linh, Taxi Group, and G7 Taxi.
|Taxi brand||4-seat car||7-seat car||Total price||Contact|
|Mai Linh Taxi||US$ 0.5/km||US$ 0.6/km||US$ 77 – US$ 93||043 82 22 666|
|G7 Taxi||US$ 0.52/km||US$ 0.6/km||US$ 88.5 – US$ 98.5||024 32 63 63 63|
|Thu Do Taxi||US$ 0.5/km||Unavailable||US$ 77||024 32 18 18 18|
|Taxi Group||US$ 0.55/km||US$ 0.6/km||US$ 85 – US$ 93||024 38 53 53 53|
|Thanh Cong Taxi||US$ 0.52/km||US$ 0.62/km||US$ 80 – US$ 96||024 32 57 57 57|
Hanoi to Halong Train
If passengers do not mind a long journey, train is an interesting option that you can try for a transfer from Hanoi to Halong Bay. This way features not only the highest level of safety but also a great opportunity to admire splendid landscapes on both sides of the railway.
- Duration: The Hanoi – Halong train journey usually lasts for nearly 7 hours
- Cost: Train ticket fare is almost US$ 5/one-way/person.
- The lowest expense: A train ticket usually costs passengers approximately US$ 4/one-way/person, much cheaper than the prices of a shuttle bus or taxi.
- The safest way: Compared to the roadway, the railway is safer because of its exclusive and separate route without other vehicles, reducing the risk of an accident.
- Good sightseeing experience: Due to the low speed, tourists can admire beautiful landscapes in both sites of the railway from the window. On the route from Hanoi to Halong, the train passes by some countryside areas featuring picturesque rice fields or peaceful rivers.
- Time-consuming: The train takes the highest amount of time among the best ways of travelling from Hanoi to Halong. If you plan a short trip (one or two-day), you should not choose a train because the 7-hour journey will prevent you from participating and enjoying more activities in Halong.
- Quite old facilities: Modern conveniences such as air-conditioners, free WiFi, LCD screen, etc. are unavailable on the train. There is also only a hard-seat option, so you may sometimes get tired of sitting for long hours.
- Limited daily schedule: There is only one train from Hanoi to Halong, so tourists do not have many choices of schedule. The train also departs from Hanoi very early, which some passengers may find inconvenient.
- Extra transport fees: The departure location of Hanoi – Halong train is Yen Vien Station (about 11km from the Hanoi Old Quarter). Therefore, you have to take a taxi to transfer from your hotel to the train station and vice versa. Similarly, you also need to transfer from Halong Station to cruise ports and vice versa by yourself.
- Best for: Backpackers and tourists with a limited budget, or those who are not pressed for time
Hanoi to Halong Bay train schedule
Train No. 50501 departs from Yen Vien Station every day at 4:55 a.m and arrives at Halong Station at 11:45 a.m on the same day.
Before reaching the last stop in Halong, the train goes through 11 other stations including Tu Son, Bac Ninh, Bac Giang, Pho Trang, Kep, Bao Son, Lan Mau, Dong Trieu, Mao Khe, Uong Bi, Yen Cu. During each stop (especially Kep or Mao Khe), passengers can have about 15 – 20 minutes to buy things and food or to go sightseeing and take some stunning pictures for their travel album.
When coming back to Hanoi, you can take train No. 50502, which departs from Halong Station at 1:45 p.m and arrives in Hanoi at 8:30 p.m according to the inverse itinerary.
Hanoi to Halong Bay train price 2023
It costs one adult about US$ 4 for a one-way trip with the only hard-seat option. In case of fully booked seats, extra seats are available at US$ 3/adult. However, this kind of seat is not usually recommended due to its inconvenience and unsafety.
In addition, all the listed prices are subject to VAT and passenger insurance fees; and may vary according to the booking time. Children under 6 years old are offered free tickets; those from 6 to 10 are given a 25% discount; the elderly from 60 and above are given a 15% discount.
|Extra Seat||US$ 3|
|Children under 6 years old||Free|
|Children 6-10 years old||US$ 3 (Discounted 25%)|
|The elderly from 60 and above||US$ 3.4 (Discounted 15%)|
How to book
Tourists can easily make an online booking on the official website of Vietnam Railways: https://dsvn.vn/#/timve; or contact the hotline 19006469.
Travelling between Hanoi and Halong Bay by motorbike can bring tourists such an adventurous experience during their vacation.
- Duration: Approximately 3.5 hours or more to get to Halong City from Hanoi Center
- Cost: If you have your own motorbike already, it will cost you nearly nothing (you only need to fill up gasoline). However, for those who do not possess a vehicle, the rental fee varies from about US$ 6-10/motorbike/day, which is insignificant.
- Adventurous and unique experience
- Proactive and flexible in schedule
- Low expense
- Quite dangerous and tiresome
- May get lost
- Unexpected scams
- Inconvenient if you bring heavy or big luggage
- Best for: Adventure travelers and independent backpackers
How to travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay by motorbike
Vehicle rental: There are several prestigious motorbike rental centers in Hanoi such as MOTOGO, AZ Motorbikes, Happy Zip Motorbikes, Tigit Motorbikes Hanoi.
Route 1: Hanoi – Bac Ninh – Halong (155 km)
Follow the route from Hanoi, get to Sai Dong crossroad Highway No.5 (for about 10km), then via 23 km on Highway No. 1, arrive in Bac Ninh Province. After that, follow Highway No.18 for about 122 km to respectively reach Pha Lai, Sao Do, Dong Trieu, Uong Bi, and eventually Halong.
Route 2: Hanoi – Hai Duong – Halong (170 km)
From Hanoi, tourists can reach Nam Sach, Hai Duong Province through Highway No.5B, then follow Highway No.183 to get to Halong.
Hanoi to Halong Bay Seaplane
Although there are no direct flights from Hanoi to Halong Bay operated by airlines, visitors can still experience a one-of-a-kind journey in the sky with a seaplane. Due to the exclusiveness and high expense, this means of transportation is not very popular as compared to other options.
- Duration: About 45 minutes (additional 15 minutes for sightseeing)
- Cost: US$ 175-385/one-way/person (the airfare can vary depending on the season and time of day)
- The most time-saving and convenient way to travel from Hanoi to Halong
- High-quality and professional services during the flight with a prestigious travel brand in Vietnam: English-speaking staff, complimentary WiFi and 4G Internet, and a live commentary in English about Halong Bay
- Exceptional sightseeing experiences: aerial views of rice paddy fields, rivers, rural villages, Hai Phong City, and Halong Bay with sublime limestone karts, dense jungles, and cragged islands
- Fantastic experiences with water take-off and landing part in the trip
- A high level of safety and comfort thanks to the safest single-engine aircraft in the world and well-trained pilots. The company also strictly follows safety, security & maintenance regulations.
- The cost is very high (minimum price: US$ 175/one-way/person) and may increase during public holidays
- A limited weight of luggage: The luggage allowance including both checked and carry-on luggage is 7 kg/person. Each bag should not exceed the following dimensions: H 56cm x W 36cm x D 23cm.
- The minimum number of passengers for a seaplane tour is 4; therefore, if your group is not large enough, you cannot book the tour.
- Tourists with health problems such as heart disease and acrophobia are not suitable for the seaplane trip.
- A delay and cancellation might be applied due to bad weather conditions or travel groups of less than 4 people.
- Best for: Wealthy tourists or couples
Hanoi to Halong Seaplane Schedule & Price
- Points of Departure: Noi Bai Airport – Counter E09, Lobby E, Terminal 1, Noi Bai International Airport, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Points of Arrival: Tuan Chau Marina – Villa T7 Tuan Chau Commercial Urban Area, Tuan Chau Ward, Ha Long City, Quang Ninh Province, Viet Nam
- Departure time:
- From Hanoi: 9:00, 10:00
- From Halong: 12:30, 16:00
- Duration: 45 minutes (transfer only) & 60 minutes (with the scenic flight over the bay)
|Route||Departure – Arrival time||Fare/One-way/Person|
|High season||Low season|
|601 Hanoi – Halong (with scenic in Halong)||09:20 – 10:20||US$ 406||US$ 325|
|602 Halong – Hanoi (with scenic in Halong)||12:30 – 13:30||US$ 406||US$ 325|
|603 Hanoi – Halong (with scenic in Halong)||10:00 – 11:00||US$ 406||US$ 325|
|604 Halong – Hanoi||16:00 – 16:45||US$ 291||US$ 233|
|Round-trip (with scenic in Halong)||–||US$ 582||US$ 500|
Hanoi to Halong Bay charter seaplane
Hai Au Aviation provides premium and private chartered flights from Hanoi to Halong Bay. A charter seaplane is ideal for small groups of up to 12 passengers looking for the ultimate in private getaways or VIP, Corporate, or Premium M.I.C.E. experiences. This luxurious service offers high-level flexibility and exclusive conveniences such as:
- Opportunity for direct interaction with onboard captain and co-pilots
- Skip the queues for check-in
- Enjoy the utmost privacy with no other passengers on board except you and your group
- Special custom requests including Limousine transfer, champagne on board, or fast-track airport check-in service
|Hanoi – Halong or vice versa (with scenic in Halong)||60 mins||Noi Bai – Tuan Chau Marina + 15-minute sightseeing||US$ 4,324|
|Hanoi – Halong or vice versa||45 mins||Noi Bai – Tuan Chau Marina||US$ 3,603|
|Scenic flight Halong S25||25 mins||Tuan Chau – Cong Do – Bo Hon – Dau Be – Tuan Chau||US$ 1,503|
|Hanoi – Halong or vice versa (with scenic in Halong)||60 mins||Noi Bai – Tuan Chau Marina + 15-minute sightseeing||3,633 USD|
|Hanoi – Halong or vice versa||45 mins||Noi Bai – Tuan Chau Marina||2,423 USD|
|Scenic flight Halong S25||25 mins||Tuan Chau – Cong Do – Bo Hon – Dau Be – Tuan Chau||1,001 USD|
How to book
There are two main ways to make a booking for a seaplane. You can either book it directly with the seaplane company or through tourism agencies
Book directly with the seaplane company
- Seaplane supplier: Hai Au Aviation is the only provider of Hanoi to Halong Bay seaplane
- Website: seaplanes.vn
- Hotline: (+84) 962 069 689
- Email: email@example.com
The booking process is simple and quick with detailed cancellation or delay policies. However, if you book with the seaplane supplier directly you will not get any discount or promotion from the public rates.
Book through travel agencies
This method can offer you several benefits such as:
- The travel agent will be able to arrange the transfer from/to the airport in Hanoi for you
- You can get a promotion if booking a seaplane and cruise package
- In case of a delay or cancellation, the travel agency will arrange an alternative transfer so that you can join your excursion in Halong as planned
In conclusion, the 6 most favored ways of travelling between Hanoi and Halong Bay include luxury shuttle car, coach, private car, train, motorbike, and seaplane. Luxury shuttle cars and private cars are the best choices thanks to the convenience and guest-friendly experiences. However, it depends on tourists’ budgets, hobbies, travel styles, schedules, and so on to make a decision on a suitable form of transportation and enjoy your trip in the best way.
FAQs on travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay
Should I book a transfer directly with car operators or through tourist agencies?
You are suggested to make a booking with tourist agencies for better guarantees and customer service in English. However, the price is often higher and it is sometimes difficult to contact the car service providers in case of an emergency.
How much does it cost to travel by a luxury shuttle bus?
The average price range for a Hanoi to Halong Bay transfer by a Limousine car is around US$ 25-40/round trip/person.
What is the fastest way to get Halong Bay from Hanoi?
In terms of road transfer, luxury shuttle bus and private car are the two fastest ways to reach Halong Bay thanks to a direct Expressway route without stops. Alternatively, if you have a generous budget, you can take a seaplane from Noi Bai International Airport to Halong City.